Town Brewery in Whitby, Ontario is now accepting resumes for a Junior Brewer to join our team.
This person will work directly with our Head Brewer and their responsibilities will include wort production and cellaring at our brewery in Whitby. The position also requires working as a part of the brewing team in many capacities and will include responsibilities in all areas of brewing and packaging.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Good cleaning and sanitization knowledge and following proper cleaning protocols
• All elements of safety procedures including: following of proper protocols and handling of brewery chemicals
• All elements of brewhouse operations that include: grain handling, wort production, spent grain handling, wort cooling, and cleaning
• All elements of cellar operations that include: beer transfers, dry hopping, carbonation, tank cleaning and sanitation, general maintenance and cleaning
• All elements of packaging operations that include: keg cleaning and filling, can filling operations, carbonation, and cleaning
• Maintaining the safety and effective operation of brewery equipment and other related machinery
• Heavily assisting in facility operations and facility maintenance with boiler, chiller, compressors, pumps etc.
• Assisting quality control program including: yeast management, cell counting, viability testing, and sampling tanks in accordance with the QC program
• Operating forklifts, pallet jacks and hand trucks and assisting with shipping/receiving of raw materials and equipment
• Following and continuing development of procedures to ensure safety, quality, efficiency, and profitability
Key skills and requirements:
• 1-2 year(s) experience working in a production brewery and/or brewpub is an asset
• Basic knowledge of the brewing fundamentals and processes
• Strong work ethic and problem-solving ability
• Careful attention to detail, a commitment to efficient, effective work both individually and as part of a team
• Requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, confined, wet, loud environment on one’s feet for most of the day and repeatedly lift 30kg
• Willingness and desire to learn
• Must have a flexible schedule (days/nights/weekends) and be willing to work overtime on occasion (extra production, unexpected events, delays, etc.)
Town Brewery does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status or other non-merit factor. We celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for our employees and customers. If you have the same values and mindset as us, we encourage you to submit your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “JUNIOR BREWER”. This role will be a full-time salaried position.
**We appreciate everyone who applies, but only those we wish to interview will be contacted.**